Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Am I dreaming?

Today started off great and I mean GREAT..

The community nurse came today.I am now down to just one visit a week instead of every second
day and even now she just checks my legs to see how they are healing and now she has to monitor my heart and crap I don't want to go over.I hate it...

But getting back to my wonderful start-  I removed all bandages cleaned my wounds up had my shower and was just waiting for her to come when I looked at my legs.they looked "different" They look really skinny like almost normal....then I had a thought "I wonder if I can put a shoe on now?"

Now it is going on to nearly four years since I have worn a shoe.I have one pair of flat thongs that has a buckle which we have  had to undo so it would fit but with all the bandages and the swelling it is really uncomfortable to wear for long periods  so I knew I had no chance with a normal shoe...
                                                                UNTIL now...............

 
Like I said I feel like Cinderella.This shoe fits.....OMG....... I wonder ....I mean should I...Will I .....try the other foot.My right foot is the worst one....So I even got out a different pair to try

 
I DID IT ..
I managed to get shoes on both feet,These were my old work shoes and I could get them on.....
I started to cry....
I took photos and sent them off via emails to mum, Kerry and my bestie Lisa .I sat back and looked and looked at my feet again,tears streaming down my face with happiness...
 
Then I rang Kevin."hey Kev you better cut up my credit cards I'm back and I am going shoe shopping"Well I am jumping the gun a little bit but at least I can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel and this time it is not just a faint glimmer but it's a very strong bright light and I am ready for it and whatever may happen...
But it dosn't hurt to start window shopping for shoes does it??

1 comment:

  1. I also had a cry that after so long & so much pain you've suffered, a pair of shoes can make us cry. We take for granted the small things in life.
    I'll join you on the shoe shopping adventure though. I always need more shoes.(just joking) How about painting your toenails red....

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x