Friday, September 28, 2012

Kevin cooks a wonderful dinner

I know I keep raving on about how great -wonderful - handsome -sexy WHOA don't go there Dee we don't want people to get jealous do we....

Well after you read this you will be....


Hoisin Lamb with Sesame Vegetables....

You will need
4 leg lamb steaks
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons  soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste

mix the above and cover meat .Marinate for 2 hours or refrigerate overnight

cook lamb till cooked to your liking then cover with foil to keep warm....

cook rice,,We used jasmine rice because I love it....

now the vegetables

1 bunch dutch carrots....We ( well I mean Kevin ) just cut up 2 carrots.
2 tablespoons of peanut oil.
200g sugar snap peas
1 red capsicum thinly sliced
1 yellow capsicum thinly sliced (Kev couldn't get yellow capsicums so we just used 2 red ones )
1 red onion thickly sliced
2 tablespoons sesame oil..

steam your carrots
heat peanut oil in hot wok (Wok I don't have so we ...OK I mean Kevin used a deep fry pan )
add peas,carrots,capsicums and onion,
drizzle with sesame oil.fry for a couple of mins..

Slice the lamb, serve over the vegetables .Garnish with parsley ( Opps I forgot to put that on the shopping list)

Now we eat.

Those who know me know I don't eat vegetables but I gave this a try..OK... OK... Kevin...I ate 1 pea and 1 carrot and 2 capsicum (who's counting ?) give me a break I have to start somewhere,...Who knows I might end up a vegetarian.....FAT CHANCE  of that happening...ha ha   anyway it was really good.Smelt fantastic tasted better....Thanks Kevin for our yummy dinner.

I got this  recipe from a little leaflet from Kmart of all places it looked good so we thought we would try it.Glad we did.....Thanks Kmart...

Jealous .....ha ha ha

1 comment:

  1. It looks yummy so I'll have to try it. It's good to have something differant.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x