Friday, February 1, 2013

Buscuits My first attempt

I have told you before I think I can do everything.....

Well usually I can and most times they turn out OK....

I decided ( another bright idea ) to make iced biscuit's in the shape of baby bottles,feet and jumpsuit for the shower.....

The only thing was I have never never made iced biscuit's before.I have done flooding with icing so I thought yeah you can do it..

So off I go and buy my cookie cutters -so sweet. I found a recipe and finally after putting it off made my first batch last night.'

Easy sugar biscuit's.

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 3/4 cup plain flour

cream the butter and sugar
add vanilla and egg
add all dry ingredients

mix well knead into firm dough roll out and go for it .
cut out your shapes till your little heart is content or until you run out of dough.

cook on moderate heat for 7 to 10 mins

let cool then ice.
My recipe said she waits 2 days before she ices.....

Hey they turned out quite good.The smell was divine.....now I have to ice them........

 The finished bagged buscuits.In the bags in tends to hide my mistakes.Thank God.
Mum and LM have tried the buscuits and they said they are really nice.....

The icing I used was just royal icing .I cheated and bought it from Woolworths ready made so all you had to do was add water .I found this quite good as I could decide quanities better.

The problem I did have was I did them late at night when I was over it and didn't be as neat as I should.I had my royal icing a bit to thick to do the pipe work with and next time I will use a smaller icing tip and TAKE MY TIME......

But otherwise I think they turned out ok for my first attempt.I am determined to get better at it so watch out everyone there is going to be cookies for every occasion I have on my calender.

And remember there is always cello bags to hide them in.ha hah ha

2 comments:

  1. Wow I'm so impressed - I think these turned out gorgeous!
    ( and they taste good too? what a bonus lol )
    XOX

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x