Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Beef Wellington Kev style....

I had Kerry and Emmanuel come over for dinner this week while mum and my sister were here so I thought OK I will make a bake dinner something nice and easy for 7 people..

BORING.........

OK....... How about a BBQ?

Boring......

Then I saw I had heaps of mushrooms in the fridge so I decided on Beef Wellington.

Kev  makes a  great beef  wellington and this one (well 2 small ones) was no exception. It went down really  well   and we all  had full belly's afterwards....

 
Check out the concentration of my boys face...
 
 
First we sealed the meat....I used topside roast .But any cut of beef will do or we have even had this at friends where they used pork.Yum
 

Then spread some pate onto the top of  the meat .Ours was thick as the pate was straight out of the fridge and was hard , usually we let the pate reach room temp first..it still tasted good though....


Then place strips of proscutio on top of the pate....this is optional but it really tastes better with it....
Kev chops up some mushrooms and onions and frys till cooked ,then we put this on top of proscutio.

By this stage your mouth should be watering as the smell is divine......


I told you we did 2 pieces of beef. Well this is my attempt of wrapping it in puff pastry. Not very neat hey...ha ha but it was hard to do as I had to use two pieces of pastry as the beef was to big for one sheet well that's my story and I am sticking to it.....

 
Cook for around 30 mins in a hot oven then turn oven down to 160 degrees cook for another 90mins.The finished result is beautiful golden puff pastry wrapped around tender beef with  mushrooms and proscutio. I served with baked potatoes ,sweet potatoes with  mixed vegetables and I cant forget the gravy.
 
Absolutely wonderful....Many  thanks to Chef Kev....

2 comments:

  1. It was beautiful & well worth doing. We all enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it. I'm looking forward to trying to cook it myself. But things always taste better when someone else cooks it. So you can cook it again for me anytime you want. Thanks for the great meal.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x