Thursday, May 16, 2013

Hello

Hello

Gee it feels like ages since I have been here.

Heaps has happened but nothing has happened ....Sounds weird but that's how it feels to me.

After Kev's birthday I started going downhill pretty fast....Just felt drained tired sick and just plain crap.

I went and saw my local Doctor and long story short it was arranged that I would go into hospital on the following Tuesday for a "Blood Transfusion" ....I was very anemic and my Dr said an iron infusion would not be any good this time.....

I started to get worried as we were going to have 20 people over on the Saturday night to celebrate Kerry's 30th Birthday but thought it will be OK I am going into hospital in a few days no problems just hang in there....


Invites  all sent....
Cake was  bought and picked up...
A beautiful large leg of pork was waiting in the fridge to be BBQ to perfection by Kev...
Balloons (shh don't tell Kerry) were ordered and to be picked up Saturday after soccer.....
 Grocery list wrote out ready to be bought ....

Then BAMM

Call the Ambulance ....

I went down hill very fast...it was 4.30 in the morning I couldn't breathe and thought "OK well this is it'.. this time  I was calmer and just thought OK if it's my time I'm ready I am sick of being sick all the time..... See you....

In emergency I was calm....oxygen mask on helped to calm me down a bit... they did some tests...and some xrays ...more tests. No heart attack (thank god ) but they were concerned how low my blood count was. So they decided to do my blood transfusion there and then now today no wait...

So party was called off. Blood checked and at  4.00pm the transfusion started .This went for around 8-9 hours because of the heart problems of the past they did it slow and had to keep monitoring me.

I woke on Sunday morning Mothers day feeling like a truck had ran over me. They wanted me to stay longer but I wanted to go home and sleep and sleep and sleep...So off I went. It was the craziest weekend of my life so surreal.....

Being mothers day Kerry  Manny and Jaxon came over then Ashley came so it was nice to see the kids but then I slept the rest of the day woke for awhile then slept the night .....

The LM gave me my mothers day  present earlier in the week.He had a Mother's day stall at school and couldn't wait to give it to me....


Really cute as I have just started drinking tea ......LM was so pleased with this made me smile.

So I am back.....

I have been very nauseous since but today I am feeling good for a change.
And also I changed my dressings and OMG I have never seen my wounds  looking as great as they are so this may have worked fingers crossed.

Hey forget the fingers crossed I am crossing any and everything I can I want to be bandaged free ASAP.....

Good to be back and Happy Belated Mothers Day to everyone.

Love you Mum xxx


1 comment:

  1. Glad that you are back doing your blog. We all know that you are sick when we don't hear from you. I love Aidans Mothers Day gift to you, so very special, 1st school gift. Now the collection begins once again.
    Love you Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x