Thursday, July 4, 2013

Easy Crayon Art

I have seen this everywhere on Pinterest and I don't know where it started from so I cant give proper credit here ...If you started this "thanks very much"

 I just couldn't wait to give it a go....

I am in the middle of redoing the LM's room and thought this would look great on the white walls .

You will need...




I sorted out the crayons into a rainbow effect....not sure if it is the correct rainbow set up  but I like it...


This is where I made a mistake.I started gluing crayons at the other end so by the time I got to the middle the gap was too small for 2 crayons and too big for one crayon so I just squished the crayon on ....


Also next time I would put a ruler across the top to make sure the crayons go on dead level.....


I used a heat gun that I have for embossing stamps to melt the crayons. As I was melting them I didn't like the little white gaps around the tip of the crayons so I just tipped the canvas upside down and let the melted crayon fall backwards to cover the gap then just turn it around again and kept going.

Also you need to have your canvas upright as to allow the melted wax to flow downwards. Make sure you have some newspaper or something similar underneath to catch any extra wax so your table will be protected...and also remember melted  wax is HOT....


Keep stopping while you are melting the wax to see if you need more melted  here or  melted there....


                                                   Finally finished and I  like it...






So there you have my first attempt at melted crayon art...Now I am going to do another one and will fix the mistakes I made here.

Also you can use a hairdryer to melt the crayons if you don't have a heat gun but it will take a little bit longer.

Another thing I have read is don't use cheap crayons they have something in them so the result isn't as good but hey the choice is yours.

Now I have to go and start my next one before I lose interest in it.

The LM loves it but said "my colours arnt in the correct order...."

Soooo another change to make...



Today I am over at Wow Us Wednesdays

3 comments:

  1. It's different but very effective. Always new ideas Deidre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Dee, i love the effect of this. I've seen it before also and think it's so effective. you've done a great job
    Fiona xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing, but as I have not got a glue gun, will not be able to do it, but loved the effect you got there...J

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x