Monday, July 15, 2013

Macaroons

                                                               I made some Macarons....
                               Well actually they ware "Salted Caramel Macarons" sounds posh now doesn't it...

 
                                                                        Big deal you say.....

                       Well it was a big deal to me any way my first try at making them... ha ha ha

On Saturday I had the baking bug.I made some jam drops and some of Lisa's Easy Vanilla slice if you haven't made it yet you really should try it anyway I had bought a packet mix of  Adriano Zumbo's macarons packet from Woolworth's a few weeks ago but have never used it.....

I had read lots of recipes and thought gee these are too hard but I really wanted to try and make them so I thought the packet mix was a great way to try and cook them plus to see if we liked them...


That was till today.....Out came the pack and what a pleasant surprise I got ....the directions were really clear ,you got a template to mark out your macarons and even two piping bags and these wernt the flimsy cheap ones they were really strong....


                   Very easy instructions  to follow....just mix the meringue mix with water till stiff.....


                                              Sift the almond flour and mix-don't over mix...

 
Draw your circles onto baking  paper using the template supplied....

 
Pipe your macaroons onto making tray leaving a couple of mm between each ...
 
(you can see here my mistake,,,.even though I left the 2mm gap between mine merged into each other.
 
I later saw a picture on making macarons where they piped the macaron mixture inside of the circle not going to the outer edge like I did.) Why didn't they say that then...

Let cool and then make the filling this was also supplied in the pack. This was salted caramel and all you had to do was mix it with salted butter.Yum Yum Yum...
Then fill your piping bag and pipe onto one macaron then place another macaron  on top..
 

All done eat and enjoy....


                                                           They look good don't they......

But hey I cant lie I like to think I am a honest person (sometimes ha ha ha  ) and whatever I say on my blog is true ,I just cant leave it here.

Yes they look good in the pictures but out of 20 or so  macaroons I only had 3 that looked any good that I could take photos of .....the rest were duds....edible but dud looking.....

I hate seeing some blogs where every thing looks perfect ,perfect house all neat and tidy, perfect cooking no mistakes...makes me feel like a failure "OH no I have failed Motherhood" boo hoo..

 Like I want to live there.... instead my house looks like a bomb has  hit it sometimes and sometimes my cooking experiments arnt  real good in fact you couldn't give them to the dog to eat ....Kev trys to eat them but I can see he is about to vomit ...He is such a good man trying to make me happy ...


These are my duds or what is left of them after we all ate some (just to test if they were OK ...)


In this photo the ones on the left look OK but if I turn them around ......YIKES......duds yes floks that is the side you didn't see in the good photo....

Well they tasted alright and our friends Alan and Lisa said they were good.So I guess you can eat one but please don't look at them.....just close your eyes and swallow...

So I am going to try them again.Yes I will buy this packet mix next time and No I will do it my way when it comes time to piping them out and fingers crossed they will look great all of them.....then maybe I will try to make them from scratch or maybe not I am pretty lazy when it comes to things like this
But who knows what can happen....

1 comment:

  1. It looks like a claw coming out of the bowl in the 3rd photo. I'll give a miss on making them as I don't like macaroons & John shouldn't eat them, that's my excuse anyhow.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x