Monday, August 5, 2013

2 Shades of Grey..


We are slowly renovating our  house well not major renovations (done that ) but a few minor ones   buts lots of painting and re changing things around...


One of the things that needed to be changed is this lounge suite on our back deck.It consist of 2 chairs a lounge and a table.We only paid around $600 for it and it did look good but it faded heaps and Kevin spent hours sanding it back and sealing it but it was crap timber and just didn't look good.I didn't want to buy another one as this was still good and was lovely to sit on while watching the LM in the pool so we (I) decided to paint it...


I have only done the table but was so happy with the result that I had to show it to you all...We have to seal it but will do that when everything is done and we can do it all together...


I must be feeling better because one day last week I decided to start on the table.So out came the primer and I gave the table a good coat of this.The next day I painted it in Dulux Silkwort and it was hard to see where I had painted and where I hadn't as it almost was the same colour as the primer and I thought it looked a bit white which I didn't want either.Kev was great he did the sanding which is something I hate to do...

.
So we went to Bunnings and got the same colour but double strength.This made a lot of difference although in the pictures you cant really tell but trust me it is brilliant...


I am so happy how it turned out that I had to show you again.The new double strength colour made the table just look fantastic and then when I put my bits on it I couldn't stop smiling....

It was well worth the time and effort to do it.....


But now we have the rest to do. Not looking forward to all the painting but I am looking forward to having my deck all beautiful looking.

So we have started on one chair which I am giving you a sneak look at. And so far it is looking really good I cant wait to finish it...


Today I am sharing at Wow us Wednesdays

2 comments:

  1. It certainly looks better, marvellous what paint can do to brighten things up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful transformation Dee - I LOVE it !!!!!!!!!
    Love your " bits " on the top of the table too :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x