Sunday, August 4, 2013

50th Birthday Craft

Kevin's friend Danny  turned 50 this week and he is had  a swish 50th Black tie affair to celebrate...

I wont be going as at night time I am stuffed and would only put a damper on it for Kev he wouldn't be able to enjoy himself as he would be worried about me so I told him to go and have a great time away from LM and me  and have some time for just himself so he is going with Pam and John (his sister and brother-in-law) ......

Yeah I am going to miss him but I am glad he will have some fun.

So for  part of Danny's  gift I made a "50 sucks" bouquet which we know he will get a laugh out of it plus he can eat the lollipops ....


It is as easy as 1 -2-3

1- fill your bucket with florist oasis....

2-push your lollipops in till full and add bits of shredded cellophane (this just makes it look fuller)...

3- make a little sign (I made mine in pic monkey of course ) stick it on a wooden skewer and push into tin.

Finished...

Then I wanted to make something for his office.  He is 50 he  and was born in 1963 so I ordered off EBay's an  Australian 1963 penny and an  Australian 1963 half penny....

Kevin cleaned the coins up with fathers favourite sauce. Yes it did work the coins look good.

I drew up a Penny farthing  and printed this out on beige card....I also put Danny's name and birth date underneath it...(once again I did it all in Pic monkey-gee I love Pic monkey)...

Then I attached the coins to the card stock with some strong  and placed it in a frame....

Looks great............


Kev thought it looked good finished .I hope Danny likes it....We wrapped these together with some AC/DC  (yeah Danny is an old rocker like us and grew up with AC/DC ) red wine in cellophane with a big bow and another 50 sucks sign it looked so good all wrapped up  ( I forgot to take a photo-bad blogger).....


The birthday boy and his family.The photo is a bit blurry but I think that the photographer (Kevin) may have been a bit drunk at this stage ha ha .


This is John our brother -in-law with the birthday boy his brother.And yes the photographer was  really drunk (Kevin )  when taking this photo  same as the boys above....

Kev had a really good night and now we are thinking of plans for his 50th next year....

1 comment:

  1. That is a great idea which could be amended for any themed party. Kids would love it.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x