Saturday, August 31, 2013

Bookcase redo

This is the second part of the LM's bedroom redo I am just slack in not posting them next to each other... - The LM's bookcases  take up a large section of wall and are very important to us to use for storage of the LM's bits and pieces and books....

I bought these units to have in the LM's room from the Reject shop as they were the closet to the colour timber I wanted at the time to match his bed and chest of drawers.....

While I did like them I decided now that we are painting the house (starting in LM's room) that the unit has to either go or be repainted and thinned out of all the junk we have collected over the years....

 
Bad photo but I wanted to show you how they looked before....FULL...

I didn't really want to buy new ones as there is nothing wrong with these I just want a change so paint it is...


After emptying them of all his junk (it's not all coming back thank goodness )  gee it looks so sad sitting there all empty .....


I gave them a coat of primer so the paint will stick to the laminate better. Please note that the bottles of beer here are not mine they are Kevin's...and yes it is wonderful that he put them here while I am trying to redo them-He is very lucky that the shelves  were dry or I would of killed him...
 

I am really fighting against everything trying to do these bookcases-first Kev and his beer bottles and then a certain husband who shall remain nameless  'KEVIN'   just goes and sands the walls next to my  wet bookcase, also  I have to work around not only  a little boy getting in the way but a 49year old boy doing his best to hinder me...well he  only sometimes hinders me other than that he is great in helping me.I guess I cant have it good all the time so I am going to stop whingeing.....


The cubes to the right have had 1 coat primer and 1 coat paint. The other cubes are just primed.Kev painted the cubes with their second coat of paint and they look great but I think I will give them another coat just to be safe as they are going to be used often.


Kev bought a small wooden trim to cover the joins in the units.You couldn't see them before when they were wood but they stood out after we painted them....


I have got rid of so so so much junk from his room that I am trying to go for a uncluttered look...yes this is an uncluttered look.....


I have used Dulux Lexicon Quarter in  a semi gloss paint  and we also used that to paint the bead board as well so I can easily wipe off any dirty marks which I know that there will be .....
 
                             
                                                                          Before...






                                  LOVE IT................. LOVE IT........................ LOVE IT............

2 comments:

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x