Tuesday, August 27, 2013

From Laundry doors to a blackboard

I hate my Laundry I really do.We are going to change it all but there are other things more important to do before we tackle that room.So I suffer in silence ha ha (sure I do....)

Well the point here is I was painting a small piece of wood to make a blackboard and  I starting thinking (whoa Dee you are entering dangerous territory here thinking it only gets you into trouble ha ha ) that the LM would love a blackboard to draw on ..... BING a idea popped into my head "why don't I just paint the doors inside my laundry that way the LM has a blackboard and I am eventually getting rid  of the doors when we renovate so no harm done.

Yeah great idea Dee you are a legend.......


1- take one set of doors....

2- use some painters tape and mark off where you want the blackboard to end/start....

3-Give the doors 2 coats of black board paint I actually used 3 coats...

4-While last coat of paint is still wet carefully take the tape off the door...

5-Season your board be rubbing chalk all over the board.This is best done while you sing ABBA songs which is what these two are doing...

6- Draw draw and some more drawing and don't forget the fun....

Kevin screwed a little pencil holder onto the door so the LM can put his eraser and chalk into it....

LOOKS GREAT AND LM IS HAVING SO MUCH FUN USING IT ....I WISH I HAD DONE IT EARLIER...

1 comment:

  1. It's a great idea & Aidan looks as though he enjoys it. What other ideas are you going to come up with Deidre?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x