Thursday, August 15, 2013

Scrabble Art.



I know I have told you before just how much I love names and initials on anything (you are probably sick of hearing it by now) well I don't know how I missed out on this idea of using scrabble tiles to make art with., but recently (last week to be exact) I saw some Scrabble art where they had used scrabble tiles to display the names and had them mix in together....

WE HAVE I BEEN THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER !!!!!!

Well not the greatest idea ever but pretty close to it....

So I checked out EBay found some scrabble tiles in Melbourne that were" Buy it Now" Yeah so I bought a pack  of 100 letters....

I must be dumb because when I sat down and started drawing out what names and how I wanted to make it I didn't have enough of some letters....What the @#%Z !!! so back to EBay .....now I could buy just the letters I wanted or buy another pack of 100 it would cost more or less the same amount so another pack was ordered.....


Today my wonderful little pieces of heart warming goodness (yes I am on pain killers) arrived and off to work I went...'''''' HI  HO , HI HO it's off to work I go"""" OMG...... I sound like a dwarf (yes it must be the pain killers ha ha )...


I picked out my letters and tried them a couple of ways to see which way I liked the best....and then just glued them to the backing card that I had chosen.


And this is what I ended up with.Now while I like these I only love one...Can you guess which that one is???

Yes you are right it is the Ashley /Mel one...So that one is a keeper the others get to be changed....Oh what great fun to have to re do them again (sarcasm) but the background paper looks yuck.....I thought it would look good plain but I was wrong.... hey lucky that they don't take to long to do.....


I did learn something this time that made it a lot easier to do....I worked out my name with the tiles  and turned the letters over then I cut some sticky tape and taped across the letters to hold them in place.I then put glue onto  the letters picked them up and placed them onto the new backing paper.Also when I finished and they were inside the frame I used some wide tape to go around the edges of the frame.It finishes it off nicely...


Ashley and Mel's frame- this is the trouble maker that had me remake all of them.Mel loved it so I was happy about that....


Kerry said something to me the other day along the lines of I haven't made any craft for Jaxon yet and have for other babies that have just been born.I haven't made anything for Jaxon because I know Kerry likes a  modern slick house where as I am more of a  messy shabby and crafty house so I didn't want to give her stuff for her to dislike and hide ....Well watch out Kerry this is just the start for you now....


The LM helped me out doing these by finding the letters for me.He asked me if I was going to make him one as I hadn't asked for his letters.I felt like crap as I hadn't thought about making him one ....So I told him his was supposed to be a surprise (quick thinking saved the day ).That made him happy and he picked out the background paper by himself for his frame...


I love this background paper it is by Kaiser craft and I think it really works well for this project...Just hope that Lisa likes it....


And last but not least my frame.I love this script style paper and for something different I glued our names slightly more to one side to show off the script paper .I also really love this frame I got it from Big W it will look great in my room and match all the others...


Now after all this hassle I deserve a treat and I mean a great big treat.....
Today I am sharing at Wow us Wednesdays

7 comments:

  1. It looks terrific. They should sell little packs with just the vowels in them so you don't get stuck with lots of letters you don't want.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic idea & looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I redid April's dining room - she had these scattered about - I just love them - great job Dee - and yours will look lovely with your bedroom furniture painted white!
    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea - they look amazing!! Definately like the pattern paper instead of the plan paper. What are you going to do with all your leftover letters? LOL I saw some funky necklaces with scrabble tile, vintage typewriter key and some charms.

    BTW Love the all the home / furniture makeovers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shandell I don't know what to do with the letters if you want some let me know-love dee x

      Delete
  5. Dee,
    How cute is this idea. I love this. I have a necklace made out of old scrabble tiles. Love all the things that you can do with these tiles.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG.....Absolutely love it! Thanks for thinking of me xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x