Saturday, October 5, 2013

Crocodile egg

We have a crocodile egg,  yes you heard me correct a crocodile egg.

Oh course it isn't the real deal its an egg that you put in water and slowly it hatches to reveal a crocodile.

We have had a few of these over the years and I love giving them for presents the kids have all loved them.We gave a chicken one to LM's daycare once and that chicken egg with watched by 15 very excited kiddies waiting ti see the chicken.'

This egg was bought from Spotlight last year and I had forgotten about it that was until the LM found it then it was "can we do the egg now ?" "can we?" "Dee can we do it now?"  So before I lost my mind we did the egg....
 

                           LM holding his crocodile egg "can we do the egg now can we ??"......


                                             That bowl is too small you silly billy..............


So he found another bowl put the egg in and covered it with cold water.Then we just left it alone on the kitchen bench and waited for it to hatch....


Day 1- Yeah a little crack has started............


Day 2- A nose and a little tooth is starting to appear....


Day 3- Look out here comes a head...........


Day 4- Nearly all out.He has a face only a mother or LM could love.....


Day 5 -Well not much  more to go.....he is still ugly ha ha


Day 6- He is all ready any longer and I think he will climb over the dish and I don't want a crocodile loose in my house...


"Look Dee he has teeth"

"That's great LM now go put him somewhere other than in my kitchen...."


It looks like they are both smiling.....

I don't know where LM put him I think he is in a plant pot near the pool.How long will he last? who knows I do know that it shrinks if let out to dry so I hope he is OK.

So for around $10 the LM has had fun watching his egg hatch .It was a good lesson for him and we had a few conversations about his egg.I bought this egg from Spotlight and they still have them and they also have lots more different ones with the egg being smaller but still the same outcome....

3 comments:

  1. Darling idea!! What a fun thing to do. They don't have those here...never seen them. Great shots. Thanks for sharing!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool crocodile egg :) Your LM looks very impressed with it .
    Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving some love. I got the little bird in the nest from the trinket track http://thetrinkettrack.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x