Thursday, October 17, 2013

How to make Easy Peasy Crochet flowers .


This is a different sort of post today I am going to show you how to make crotchet flowers the easy Dee way..

I am making a baby blanket for a friend and thought it would look lovely with little pink flowers scattered across the blanket so I checked out Pinterest but couldn't really find what I was looking for.

I even bought a pattern but this person who shall remain nameless used pictures with dots on the flowers and didn't tell you how you do it.

So I thought to my self come on you arnt dumb just make it up yourself so I did.

So here is the Easy Peasy Crochet Flower Directions...

I used Sugar and Cream wool and a 5.00mm needle.You can use any wool or needle and how nice would it be to use all your scraps up and get different size flowers to decorate with ...Good idea Dee I think I will do that later...

Anyway back to the pattern...


Make 5 chain.....


join with a slip stitch to make a circle ...


*make 2 chain....


Now do 2 treble into the loop....


2 chain...


slip stitch into loop *


and guess what you have made a petal


repeat this 4 more times to make 5 petals..I kept pushing my petals together so they all fit in the circle.


when you do your last slip stitch for petal 5 you then just cast off..

Now how easy is that.


These cuties only take minutes to make for each flower they are so pretty  and  so many uses. After I make all my blanket flowers I am going to put some of these flowers onto baby singlets for my friends daughter I think I will even put a little button into the centre of the petals for this ... .

Hope you have a go at doing this...

Hope this was helpful for you..

Also this is in Australian terms if one of my American friends want to do this where I say treble that means SC -Single Crochet for you.

4 comments:

  1. Very easy & they look amazing
    As you said great for using up scraps of yarn, we all have plenty of that left over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You answered my question about treble! Thanks. I have not crocheted in decades, but want to make some simple flowers for a project. I just might be able to use your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a great tutorial - easy to understand instructions and good pictures!! You are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Dee these flowers are gorgeous!! Thanks for pointing me too them :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x