Thursday, November 21, 2013

A look around our garden...



I haven't been able to get down into the garden much these last few years but this month I have managed  to get down there a few times ...Kevin and I planted these new plants  last weekend I took these photos of how they look....



I don't know what they are but I have them in two shades of purple and a white one and I just love them....some are in the ground and some are  in pots in the garden...



                                      I love these daises they just never die and they look so pretty ....


This lavender tends to be a bit of a ground cover looks pretty though when in full flower.Kev hates the grasses and is about to pull them out when I can decide what to put there in their place...


This tomato plant is growing in only 12 inches of dirt.Under the dirt is a concrete path that I didn't want but wanted a garden there so instead of pulling up the concrete we put blocks around the edge and filled it with dirt and wow things grow so good there.

Behind the tomato plant in a mini Lilli Pilli ....mini my butt it is around 8 foot high and has been trimmed quite a bit but I love it....and like the tomato plant it is growing in about a foot of dirt...


In the same garden we have shallots growing.Emmanuel told us to just put them in and just cut them off when you need them and keep the root still in ....and they will grow and grow they have....


Another tomato plant I think this one is Cherry tomatoes and since the photo was taken it has almost doubled in size ...well not that much but it has grown heaps...


Just another shoot of my pretty white flowers....


this is a favourite it is a garlic plant I like the smell Kevin doesn't ....


I bought this bird house when we put  the garden in...Kev wants to pull it out as it is looking very tired....No way Kev I like it like that..



                                                             This cutie is hanging in there...




Every garden should have one of these a handsome pool boy....


My favorites.A pot of Pansy's how could you go wrong...plus a little pink garden gnome to watch over them...

Parsley and more Pansy's LOVE IT...

LOVE MY GARDEN...

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks so pretty. I must do that with my shallots as I throw so much of it away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dee!

    It was so fun last night to arrive home & have such a BIG box of joy to dig into! I found it hard to share any TimTams...we shared & hid the rest! :)

    I LOVE the Vegemite! I have always wanted to try it! I had to laugh this morning when my best friend (lives in las vegas) she called this morning & she goes, "You sound full of energy & so peppy!" I said, "It must be the vegemite!" :) That must be how your pool boy gets so much accomplished in a day! :) But you might want to keep him a secret or you'll have lots of bloggers chasing your cute pool boy!

    The kids have been playing with their koala key chains---LOVE how they hug! - & of course everyone wanted their pencils sharpened right away!

    I can't believe you took the time to make us all Christmas Balls! I am so excited that we can hang them on the tree & think of you everytime we see them...for years & years to come!

    You are such a dear Dee & I am so very thankful for you! I love watching you love all your boys across the ocean. I feel so lucky to be your friend! Thank you Dee!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x