Friday, March 20, 2015

Warragamba Dam

When mum was down for a visit we decided to go to a market but when we got there it had been cancelled so we headed home disappointed....

Then I had a thought why don't we go to Warragamba dam it was on our way home and I hadn't been there for over 30 years Kevin said it was about the same for him..

So off to the dam we went...


I was surprised at how much it had changed-yes I know it had been 30nyears but still it was so different but on the other hand it was great...

What did surprise me was the Aidan enjoyed it ....he must be growing up cause we could explain things to him and he took it all in.

Here is Aidan standing in front of one of the values they used in the making of the dam...


Kev is standing on one of the viewing platforms  here...


Here is our beautiful dam...

Hard to believe that this dam supplies Sydney's water isn't it....

Years ago you could walk across the dam wall but now they have stopped that.Which is a shame but people were throwing things into the dam and I think safety issues were a problem too.



My two "dam' cute boys ha ha  yeah I think I'm funny...
 

A new addition was the visitors centre and this interactive table which you touched and moved and details of the dam appeared.

Aidan just like doing it fast and playing around on it ha ha ...

So if your in Sydney and want somewhere nice to go for a picnic head out to Warragamba Dam lots and lots of picnic areas with shelter and plenty of toilets and great car parking and its all FREE...




1 comment:

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x