Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The White Box.....

I saw a picture on Instagram of this beautiful blanket box painted white.

It was one of those camphor wood ones....

Well I was obsessed with getting one and painting it white ......Who me ......never...


SO I went on EBay and found one which was finishing in two hours plus it was in our area so fate was on my side and Kev brought her home tied to the roof racks on his car....


It was in great condition but it just wasn't something I would have in my house...


Out came the primer and after two coats of that then there was two coats of Dulux  paint to make sure she was covered well....


I don't think I would do another one of these in a hurry as with all that carved worked you had to make sure your brush got in all those deep bits kinda of like stencilling in a way....


Finally it was finished....

I still don't know what to do with that brass lock on the front so for the moment its off but I think ill spray it white....


Im so so happy how it turned out.I wish it could fit at the end of our bed but for now its under the window and it makes me smile when I see it....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x